Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthday Recap

Well, I survived this weekend which is hard to believe. I can't wait to tell you about all the fun that was had! I am reminded of the amazing people that God has placed in my life -- and the past few days have been the best ones this year. 

Thursday was my 22nd birthday, and my friend Toby decided a few months ago to buy tickets to see Kelly Clarkson and The Fray for it! I could bring a friend, so Haeley, Toby and I set out on Wednesday afternoon to Concord.  We decided to stay overnight in Concord, and avoid the madness of trying to drive over an hour home that night! 

We started the night with mexican food and margaritas. How else do you celebrate a birthday?!

"We'll take 2 pitchers of the Raspberry Margaritas, please!"






There was a lot of laughing. A lot of clanking glasses. And a ton of eating. Oh and did I mention margaritas? 


After dinner we hopped in a taxi to head to the venue.  And of course, taxis are the best places to take pictures, right?



It was FREEZING at the stadium. We all thought, East Bay must be HOT this time of year...well we were wrong. We snuggled up under one blanket all night, dancing when we could to warm up! Next time, you bet we will be better prepared!


And finally, the concert was amazing. Carolina Liar opened, followed by The Fray and Kelly Clarkson. I personally have been waiting to dance my a$$ of to Kelly Clarkson since I was 14 and went through my first break up. "Since You've Been Gone" was on repeat 24 hours a day during that time, I even played it on my ipon while I was sleeping. Can you say dramatic?

Thanks to my wonderful friends for making my birthday awesome. You guys rock!


Come back tomorrow for more recaps on my crazy weekend!

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment