Monday, July 16, 2012

2 Months: The Real Countdown Begins

When I bought my wedding dress it still didn't feel quite "real"
When I sent the save-the-date's it still didn't feel quite "real"
When I had my first bridal shower, even then, it didn't feel quite "real"

But things are starting to change and become "real". That butterflies in your stomach almost nauseous kind of real. The head spinning details, the ordering of last minute things, practicing my new signature; we are getting so close.

And just when you think that wedding planning is getting easier, the details and the little itty bitty things you wanted to forget about become absolutely essential that you start them now. Now as in like, yesterday. Ready for the list?

Decor - Jars, lace, candles, curtains, 
Marriage license
Name change papers
Transportation
Honeymoon
Wine tasting
Vow writing
Dance lessons
Speech distributing
Guest list
Seating chart
Ring ordering
Candy purchasing
Craft night
Hair run-through
Makeup run-through
Packing up my whole room
Finding a new job
Bridesmaid gifts
Parent gifts

I really could go on. 

I am so excited for September 7th. I am so not excited for the month of August. 

All of these things that I have made magically disappear for the past 6 months, are no longer invisible. They are very visible, and very much on my mind...and very REAL!

Want to know the best part? I have the greatest support system a girl could ask for. The Lord and His Church have surrounded Seth and I with SO much love that we are overwhelmed and beyond grateful. He has taught me so much in these past few months, and I know there is so much more of me to be molded and shaped. 

Upon entering this new state of "OMG its becoming real" -- I find myself at peace, patient, and the least stressed I have been in months. Pray that this feeling continues, because I need it for the sake of my own sanity and my close family and friends that are a part of this crazy thing we call a wedding. 

53 days!!

Philippians 4:6-7  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment