Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 1

Well its official, I'm a working woman.

I'll do my best to keep this short and sweet because work talk is usually pretty boring! 

Well before I tell you about work, I'm excited to tell you about my new hair color. 

BAM!
It's so dark! And I absolutely love it. I miss having a low maintenance hair color like this.

Well, 

The people I work with are already awesome, I know it's going to be fun! And I'm so glad I get my own little cubicle, I love working semi-alone!

Also, my heart breaks for the people that are calling in.

My official job title is an "Intake Advisor" for CRC Health Group. I'll be taking inquiries for drug and alcohol addicts as well as parents of troubled teens with mental health issues and directing them to the best program for their needs.

Most of the calls I was on today were for heroin and opiate addicts...which is crazy stuff I never thought I'd deal with.  Most of them were young, some younger than me, some still in high school. It was eye opening and so hard not to cry for each and every one of these people. 

BUT,
I was sweetly reminded by an amazing guest preacher at church today that God places and sends us to certain places for very specific reasons.  We were sent to Gilroy for a reason, and I was given this job for a reason.

I'm choosing to be excited about what God is doing instead of being discouraged by our sometimes lonely new home, and my job that may present some emotional challenges. 

My training schedule means a ridiculous commute, so I may not be around as much for the next few weeks! Hope you guys had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, wishing you the best in your new job. Rest assured you are a positive light for the people you help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color...I know you will a light in your new job!

    ReplyDelete