Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Finding Peace in the Day to Day

Hi friends, I really wish I had more to blog about these days. But, I am really just living day to day until the weekend comes. Weekends are my only days where I feel like an actual person that has a life.

But I miss the housewife kind of life. I miss cooking every night for Seth. I miss the clean house. I miss the relaxing life!

I'm finding peace in that this is the job and place God has for me, for however long thay may be, I don't really know. All I know is that I'm happy that I got 2 solid months of wifey time with Seth and that I will do my best to balance work and home life as I adjust into working full time.

Meal planning is the best place to start for me. I used to like looking for a recipe all morning and go shopping that day to get the ingredients, but that's not really an option anymore! I've found that grabbing 4 or 5 recipes and getting the ingredients for the week is easier and then I don't have to wonder what the heck I'm going to cook that night. Seth has been stepping up and helping out a lot which is great, last week his dinner was called "Sit your ass on the couch"...aka, he found the recipe, went to the store, and wouldn't let me help at all! It was fantastic, and the best soup I've ever had in my life.

Last night we made this:
It was all kinds of yum. And I have it today for leftovers at work! My only suggestion would be to get a pan that has a fat drainer at the bottom. I have one, but didn't think I would need it and OH MY was it greasy. It probably had a 1/2 inch of grease in the pan when I grabbed the first slice.



We also made these:
But they didn't get quite as brown and delicious looking. The cheese started melting out the sides and I didn't want it to go to far! They were tasty though, especially with marinara sauce.


The next couple weeks are going to be exciting, so I'm really looking forward to that!
Thanksgiving is always a favorite, especially if you've had my Dad's mashed potatoes and turkey...well let's face it, everything he cooks is magical so I always look forward to the holidays.

The weekend after that, two of my besties are coming into town from Washington. One of them is staying for almost a week, which has never happened before! I'm excited to show them both the new town that we live in and all of the quirks about living in the South Bay. We are even staying a night on the beach in Monterey!

And even better, it's almost time to start counting down the days until we go on our honeymoon to NYC and the Bahamas! I guess before I start counting down I'll need to get my new passport figured out, but dreaming about all of the fun things we get to do on vacation is more fun than paperwork.

Happy Tuesday, Friends :)
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment