Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thankful

I've done a lot of ranting, raging, and complaining lately. 

I could sit here and blame the wedding stuff, but I also need to fess up and tell you that my attitude has been rather negative.


I guess that's what happens when you put other priorities before the Lord, every single time it knocks me down and He gently picks me back up and puts me back on track.

"This saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life."
1 Timothy 1:15-16

Today, I am thankful for many things, maybe so many because I haven't stopped to think in a while how blessed I really am. 

Church family
Encouraging friends
Friends that are always willing to help
Friends that bring you wine when you are overwhelmed
Parents who provide
Family that is wacky (not always a bad thing)
Childhood memories recalled
Fiancee's that will do anything to make you smile and surprise you with a HUGE bowl of frozen yogurt
Generous In-laws
Creative friends that help with last minute decorations

And now for the list of inanimate objects:
Super cute coffee mugs
Non-chewed up nails
Comfortable childhood beds
Early morning puppy snuggles

This practice is so easy, and instantly fixes my mood. As the next two weeks get crazier than ever before, I want to practice thankfulness every day!!

Also, 13 days. That is CRAY-ZAY.


1 comment: