Friday, August 10, 2012

Because Jesus is Better than the Dreamiest Dream.

Is it really Friday already?
I can't believe how fast time flies these days. 
Today is 28 days..I will marry my best friend in 28 days.

Holy freakin' moly.
Oh my freakin' goodness.
Me oh my.

This journey of engagement has certainly been wild.  All of the stresses I expected, did not come to pass. And all of the things I thought wouldn't cause problems, have caused major problems. 

But God has been SO good through this entire process. God is always good, so maybe I'm just particularly aware of it these days. 

His faithfulness to me, when I honestly would rather have been planning than submitting to Him, blows my mind. 

Things that have been prayed over for 4 years, are coming to fruition, even when I had given up. Our church has surrounded us with love, support, and kindness -- which has been such a gift that we will be forever grateful for. And honestly, I am learning more about marriage, friendship, and His grace than I have learned ever before. 

And Seth and I are unbelievably happy. Isn't that just so mushy and awesome?


I know, this is just the post you wanted to read today..but more than anything, I want to expound on how awesome HE is. 

I am reminded these days especially, that Jesus is so much better than my dream wedding. So much better than the dreamiest wedding I could dream. Better than any perfectly romantic craft, better than the prettiest ceremony.

Better than my marriage, altogether.


While a hurricane of wedding crap blows around my head every day, I am at peace and oddly calm because I know my God is with me. I know the end result...in 28 days I get to be married and that is ALL that matters.  He has taught me to let go of the things that won't matter after the wedding, which is primarily the things that cause the most drama. 

He has taught me to care about the things that will last after the wedding day; primarily my relationship with Christ, which in turn has taught me about what being a wife is all about. 

I am so thankful, so grateful, so overwhelmed with Him yet so at peace in His presence. 

Seth and I's prayer for these last 28 days is simple: May this time glorify HIM. May this marriage be pleasing to HIM. Amen, and amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment