Thursday, November 29, 2012

When the Sky is Pink...

Everyones family has quirks right?

I know mine does. 

I love retelling stories from my childhood, like my ridiculous temper tantrums I used to throw and the pranks my brother used to pull on me. 

But one of my favorite childhood memories centers around Christmas, so I felt it completely appropriate to share today. 

Tell me, do you think this picture has anything to do with Christmas or Santa?

I didn't think so.

But in the Skaates family, it means a whole lot.

You see, 
"When the sky is pink, Santa is making toys."

My mom has been telling my brother and I that since we were babies. And until recently, I honestly thought that everyone knew that too. 
When I started getting excited about the pink sky, I noticed my friends didn't share the same excitement, so I would say...well don't you know? When the sky is pink, santa is making toys!

You can't imagine the strange looks I got when saying that.
But for me it was absolute truth growing up! 

I have yet to ask my mom where she got that saying, or who passed it on to her.
But I do know that it is something I will be passing on to my kids.
Because I'll always get the same happy feeling when the sun is setting and the clouds are pink.

Do you have any sayings in your family that are quirky and fun?
I'd love to hear about them :)




1 comment:

  1. That's such a cute saying! I've never heard it before, but I like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete