Thursday, December 13, 2012

For My Heart, and Maybe Yours.

I mentioned recently that I've been avoiding scripture and any form of devotion.
That's a crazy thing to admit.
Avoiding because of scared of being reminded of my sin and all the junk that's ugly inside of me.

I picked up my devotional today that I have on my desk at work, it was bookmarked November 8th."It's freaking December, Jamie." I told myself. How long am I going to avoid this?

Today's devotional was about seeing the light of the Lord in the darkest of places. When my heart is dark, there is always a window shining through with  His hope. Always.

Here's a little bit of hope from Streams in the Desert today:

"Sometimes the darkness in our lives is worse, because we cannot even see the web we are weaving or understand what we are doing. Therefore we are unable to see any beauty or any possible good arising from our experience. Yet if we are faithful to forge ahead and "if we do not give up" (Gal 6:9), someday we will know that the most exquisite work of our lives was done during those days when it was the darkest.  If you seem to be living in strange and mysterious ways, do not be afraid. Simply go forward in faith and in love, never doubting Him. He is watching and will bring goodness and beauty from all of your pain and tears"

The shuttles of His purpose move
To carry out His own design;
Seek not too soon to disapprove
His work, nor yet design
Dark motives, when, with silent tread,
You view some somber fold;
For lo, within each darker thread
There twines a thread of gold.

Spin cheerfully,
Not tearfully,
He knows the way you plod;
Spin Carefully,
Spin prayerfully,
But leave the thread with God.

Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer, from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 
Psalm 61:2


No comments:

Post a Comment