Friday, December 28, 2012

Breaking the Silence!

Well friends, it seems as though I've been silent forever.
I think I've been feeling a little dazed and out of it -- I have so much catching up on life to do, and when I spend 8+ hours a day in front of a computer at work the last thing I think about doing at home is to open my laptop!

I suppose this is the settling in period that we talk about in reference to work/home life. You get into your groove, figure out how to live around your new schedule, and life just starts to settle back down again. The good thing is, I'm still loving my job. And I know how lucky I am to be saying that, because I know so many people that hate what they do. 

I'm not sure what this next season of life holds for my little blog. I always have things to say, heck, I'm a woman with strong opinions and emotions -- but that being said, I don't find myself compelled to sit down and write anything these days. 

I will tell you that I finally finished "Love and Respect" last night -- and I already want to re-read and still want to buy it for everyone I know. 

I will tell you that I write little blog posts in my head while I drive, shower, and day dream at work. Mostly posts about friendship, politics, Jesus, marriage...the standard things I like to mumble about usually :) maybe I'll find the desire to sit down and write them out one of these days. 

I will tell you that life has been anything but dull. Two of my best friends visited early this month, that deserves its own wonderful post. We are bringing home a kitten at the end of January, I think the winning name right now is Penelope -- but I'll confirm that later. We have been home visiting our family and friends a few times, which is always fun, especially for the holidays. And today is my last day of work before we leave on our HONEYMOON! Of course I'll dump all of the pictures from that when we get home!

Here's a little taste of our Christmas at home:
Christmas at the Van Nuys home


The bearded men!

Dad and his rotisserie Turkey!
 Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with just a dash of Christmas cheer!



No comments:

Post a Comment