Friday, July 20, 2012

4 years.

Today marks 4 years that Seth and I have been dating. 

4 years ago Seth took me up to our favorite spot on Skyline blvd and asked me to be his girlfriend.  It was July, and we knew we only had 2 months until I left for school, in Seattle. And now, here we are, only 2 months from getting married. 

I'd be lying if I told you these past 4 years have been easy and that every day is wonderful. In fact, we have been through more ups and downs than I expected as a 17 year old girl with a cute, new boyfriend. 


What I can tell you, in absolute truth though, is that God designed Seth for me. Designed him to fill in all of the places that I fall short, to be brave where I am not, and to be funny when I am often too serious. There is nothing I have ever been more certain about in my life. 

 In 4 years we have grown together, changed together, lived in different states, and have learned so much about how God designs relationships and marriages.

Even though it's silly to celebrate an anniversary right before we get married, this day will always be special to me. How could it not?!

Seth, I can't wait to marry you. You make me happier than I ever imagined. You make me laugh every day and I know that will always be so. You encourage me to be brave, adventurous, and even a little silly. I am in awe of your humble attitude towards all things, your gracious demeanor, and your willingness to always put others before yourself. I am so thankful for you.

Happy last year of dating. Happy 49 days till our wedding. Happy 4 years, babe!

I love you.


And now...a tour through the years!









2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you guys!! The wedding will be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary you two cute little lovebirds. :)

    ReplyDelete