Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Peace Out, 2014.

I'm so glad 2014 is over.
It's been such a tough year.
A good year. But a hard year. 
Don't get me wrong, Felix being here has truly been the highlight of my life. 
But he couldn't have picked a more hectic time to come into the world. 

Between Seth graduating, us leaving our old church in San Jose, Seth completing his tests, me working two jobs, Seth finding a job, us moving in with my parents, and now moving to Oregon, and everything in between all of those HUGE things -- I'm exhausted. 
Emotionally, spiritually, physically. 
I feel like I need a year to sleep this last one off. 

During all of this change, I struggled. My relationship with God suffered. My marriage suffered. Our finances suffered. My role was constantly changing. The baby weight didn't magically fall off. I forgot how to take care of myself. 

I'm at a point in my life where I couldn't care less about church. That is a really hard thing to admit, but it's true. When we left the church in San Jose I was so disillusioned and mad at the church and Christians in general. 6 months later, I feel like I'm finally in a place where I can let it go and move on. I want to be captivated by the gospel again. 

2015 has the potential to be really awesome. We've been given a fresh start in a new state, my business is doing well, Seth likes his new job, and Felix is growing up to be a curious and exciting toddler. 

I have high hopes for 2015. I'm not sure I'm going to make any "resolutions" -- because 99% of the time those things don't actually happen. 

I hope my business grows, a lot. I am excited where JVN Designs is going!
I hope I fall back in love with Jesus. 
I hope we can get plugged in to a local church. 
I hope I can be a better wife and mama to my boys. 
I hope to lose the baby weight by sticking to low carb and not cheating. I want to lose the baby weight before having another baby and adding more weight on!
I hope to take better care of myself. Learning to slow down, listen to my body, and shutting my computer, phone and iPad off more often. 

Peace out, 2014. You were officially the craziest year on record. 
2015, I hope you're a little less hectic and a lot more enjoyable. 

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment