Thursday, September 11, 2014

Felix Alexander: 9 Months

Dear Felix,
You are 9 months old (and 3 days)
You are a BIG boy, weighing in at 21 pounds 14.5 oz, and 30 inches long.
You used to be in the 60th percentile for weight. Now you are in the 95th for weight and height.
Way to go, dude. 
You sure are a Turkey. 
A big silly, happy, Turkey boy. 
You make me so happy to be your Mama. I just don't know what I'd do without you. 
You have learned to do so many things this past month.
You now can crawl (and you are FAST). 
You can pull up on things.
You can cruise along furniture.
And in this past month you sprouted two new teeth, and they are definitely the cutest teeth I've ever seen. I can't wait for you to lose them and for me to creepily keep them somewhere until you're an adult. 


This month was super exciting. 
You went on your first road trip Oregon, you frolicked with a new kitty, you hung upside down with dad, and you went to Crater Lake. 


And you got to be in the presence of the most beautiful bride in the whole world. Your Auntie Mel got married and you got to be there! Your Mama stood by her side in the wedding, and then danced with you later at the reception. We had a blast. 


You even got to take a snazzy photo with Mom and Dad.
And you matched Daddy. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. 


You were a great road trip buddy. Though I had to sit in the back with you a lot to keep you entertained.  And we had a lot of poop issues this month, specifically while you were in your car seat. We had to pull over in the middle of Portland highway traffic to change you. 
I bet you're beginning to figure out why we call you Turkey Boy. 

This month we also got to meet the 9 month sleep regression.
It is SO.MUCH.FUN.
NOT. 
I'm ready for you to go back to sleep again and not feel like partying at 3am. 
I used to be able to let you cry it out, but these days you have gotten a lot more needy and crying crocodile tears. 
I guess I can't complain that you love your Mama and want to be around me all the time, but sometimes it's hard in the middle of the night! Dad and I have let you sleep with us a few times now. 
This month you started to want to feed yourself.
It's hard for me to let you do that because you get so messy, but I know it's so good for you to learn.
You really like scrambled eggs, chicken, and broccoli -- though I think I could feed you almost anything and you would enjoy it. 
Your favorite toys are things that aren't designated as toys.
Sunglasses, remotes, cell phones, water bottles -- these are just a few. 
You think it's hilarious when I put sunglasses on you, so naturally I do it as often as possible. 


I put you in some of the onesies from my Etsy shop and holy smokes, you are a stud muffin. 
Sometimes I wonder how such a cute baby came out of two ordinary looking people.
I mean, your Dad's a hottie, but don't get me wrong -- you just might be the cutest boy I've ever laid eyes on. Some people say I'm biased though.
Oh Felix, I have so much fun being your Mama.
This past month has been such a leap forward from other months -- I'm just trying to take it all in. 
You are babbling so much these days. You have Mama, Baba, Dada, and a few other consonants in your vocabulary. You also love to blow spit bubbles and make farting noises (you are ALL boy). 
You learned to give kisses this month, and that my boy, is the best gift you could give a new Mama. I'll take your slobbery kisses any day. 
You also can say "bye bye" -- at least sometimes when you are not distracted by something exciting like a ceiling fan, a cat, or a grandparent. 
You have little curls forming in your hair, I twirl and play with them often. 
You are ticklish in so many places. Particularly on your juicy thighs. 
You are in love with your lovey security blanket. You drag it around in your mouth like a dog with a bone. 
And you just might be the biggest heart breaker this world has ever known.
I mean honestly,
that grin. those eyes. those cheeks.
I get weak in the knees. 
It's hard to put into words the way that I feel about you, boy. 
 Motherhood transforms the heart in an indescribable way. 
I can't believe you are almost 1 year old.
I am so excited for all of the fun things to come.
I know you wont remember these days, but I hope you can look at the pictures someday and see all of the love and joy we've shared since you got here. 

You are sleeping now.
Hopefully for a long time. You have your first cold right now and haven't been sleeping well. 
I pray for happy, toy filled, laughing, sweet dreams for you. 
Happy 9 months old, my love.

I love you to the moon and back. 
Love, Mama. 












No comments:

Post a Comment