Monday, March 10, 2014

Distracted

Today was the first time I've opened up my Bible this year.
This YEAR.

I'm ashamed and sad.
The God that has blessed me so, has become my least priority.

Having a baby is not an excuse.
He sleeps.
And while he sleeps I usually try to do other thing like clean, work on crochet projects, or make more formula batches because he's eating like a beast.

If I'm honest though, I spend an unholy amount of time on my phone. Whether he's sleeping, playing, or in my arms I usually have my phone in hand.
I think I follow more people [on Instagram] that I dont know, than people I actually do know.

Admitting this sin is the first step for me to change things.
So here you go.
My sin of distraction, of time wasting, of laziness, of running from God.

I know I'll look back on these years and wish I had spent less time looking at a screen, and more time playing with Felix, tending to my home, and spending quality time with Seth.

I'll be signed out from Instagram for a while, as well as Facebook on my phone. My phone is the main culprit of all the distraction. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm hopeful that God will do something in my heart to make me less of a lazy, ungrateful mess.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I have a question I wanted to ask you regarding your blog. If you could send me an email when you get this, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!
    -Tiffany
    tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com

    ReplyDelete