Friday, December 13, 2013

Welcome to the World, Felix.


As I sit down and attempt to put words to the most overwhelming experience of my life, I am lost at where to start.

What they say is true, nothing can prepare you for motherhood. Nothing.

My heart has expanded to 100x it's capacity, yet is contained in one little eight pound human. My relationship with my husband is forever changed. My identity as a woman has forever changed. 




I'll share the details of his birth story one of these days, I can tell you that God didn't let us get away with our plans. Surprised? Kind of. Surprised at how wildly different the whole thing went than we thought. That's ok though, just another humbling experience on this glorious journey of becoming more like Jesus.

I can tell you that because of the way the birth went, we are having some issues with breastfeeding and I am extra weak, which makes things all the more frustrating. Seth and I are taking things done day at a time. We are letting the tears flow, the garbage overflow, and the bed go unmade all for the sake of our sanity. 

We have the sweetest baby boy to be thankful for. He is a blessing straight from heaven. From his tiny little toes to his slightly bruised head, we are in awe of what his life means.

Pray for Seth and I as we navigate this new chapter. We need grace more than ever. We need patience that abounds. 

I'll be back to share more soon.

1 comment:

  1. You are blessing both you and your husband and I cried as I read this. I know every first time mom wants to breast feed, but a bottle is not bad or wrong then everyone gets to experience the ups in the middle of the night. :) Save your strength, rest when you can, love your husband, and this sweet wonderful blessing. I wish I could come do your housework and make the bed, and do some meals, but an unmade bed and unclean house is truly ok. You are loved and I am so thankful for you and your words. Love you and rest. Let others help when offered. You will be thankful!! :)

    ReplyDelete