Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pintertest Kitchen: Easy & Amazing Crockpot Tortellini

These days I try to make something new for dinner once a week.
Thats about all this tired pregnant lady can handle.
I recently remembered that having a crockpot during said pregnancy is the best thing ever...and I intend to use it more often.
Happy husband = well fed husband.
5 minute dinner prep time = happy wife.

I saw this pin last week:

The entire recipe was in the caption. 
Which was new for me & slightly concerning. But it looked yummy enough for me to give it a go.
I'm glad I took a chance on this pin!! 

Ingredients:
- 1 (19oz.) bag frozen cheese tortellini -- this took me FOREVER to find at Safeway but I finally did..it's there in the freezer isle but you have to look real hard.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 cans low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut into cubes <--that is important 


Directions:
1. Brown the sausage in a skillet on the stove top until cooked and crumbled. Drain.
2. Add the sausage and the remaining ingredients to a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
3. Cook, on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally. 
4. Watch and smile as everyone in your house is happy. 


You guys. 
This was SO good.
Like SO SO SO SO good.
Creamy, delicious, and the perfect consistency.
And SO easy. Took 5 minutes to cook the sausage and throw the rest of the stuff in the pot! 
It was kind of a cross between soup and sauce. Definitely not overly soupy, but I wouldn't eat it on a plate. 
We both had seconds, and ate the leftovers the very next day. 
I could make this a few nights a week forever and be perfectly happy. 


Yay for crockpots. 
I hope their inventor is smiling down on all the happy mamas who don't have to work too hard to make an awesome meal. 

Thanks, Jess for the always fun link up!

Also,
Have you guys heard about the giveaway going on right now for my Etsy shop?
I'm trying to build my facebook audience and get 100 "likes" -- once I hit 100 I will do pick a winner. The winner will receive a signature infinity cowl in the color of their choice, a $28 value! 

Heres how to enter:
2. Share a link to my shop on your facebook page, blog, or instagram -- make sure I see it by tagging my name!
3. For two entries - place an order!!

Maximum 4 entries per person. 

Hopefully I will get to 100 likes soon so I can pick a winner!!







3 comments:

  1. I've been leary of crockpot pasta so I've never tried. Thanks for paving the way. Will definitely give this a shot! Give that baby belly a kiss for me. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks good! I'm a fan of spinach in soup...you don't taste it much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmm.
    and i have liked! :) hope you get the big 100 asap!

    ReplyDelete