Tuesday, September 24, 2013

30 Weeks. 67 days until D-DAY.


Taken @ 30 weeks + 3 days.

How far along? 30 weeks

Baby size? Size of head of cabbage - 16 inches and 3.5 pounds!

What's he up to in there? kicking - A LOT. This week he has been super active, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep. He also is hiccuping!
As of last week little man was transverse so we started praying for him to turn head down...
and yesterday at my appointment it looked like he has! Also, from where he is kicking most (up towards my right rib) it seems that he has turned his little self downwards. YAY!

Total Weight Gain?
Just as I predicted I have officially gained 25 pounds.
I'm not too worried about it.
And I told my doc to shush up about it too.

Stretch marks? I am officially a tiger.
Whats white with pink stripes all over?
ME.

Sleep?
  What is that you speak of?
Sleeping has been rough. I seem to cycle through terrible bouts of insomnia and nights of hardcore sleep with crazy dreams where I sleep for 10 hours straight.

Best Moment?
Baby is moving more than ever before which is really fun. Also getting to see his sweet little face on the ultrasound screen. I got to see him yawn real big, and to see his sweet cheeks! He has good chubby cheeks already.

Also,
We got to meet the beautiful new addition to the Johnson family, Holland Joy.
It was Seth's first time holding a baby -- ever, and my heart nearly exploded.
I seriously cant believe we will be in the same position in just a little while.
Miss anything?
Being able to do basic things for myself. The belly gets in the way of everything! Even just reaching over the counter to grab something or up into a cabinet is very difficult.

 Movement? 
Oh yes. Little man is a mover and a shaker. 
  
Cravings?
Still the same.
Burritos & Sweet things.
Yesterday I got to have both.
It was awesome.

Queasy/sick? 
NADA.
PTL

Gender? B-O-Y

Labor signs? 
none!

Belly button?  
Still inny! I'm waiting....and waiting...and waiting for it to turn out but I don't think it's gonna happen. 


Wedding rings on/off? On most of the time. I caved a couple days ago when I woke up & was particularly bloated. They are on now, but they feel tight towards the end of the day. I am going to try and up my water intake to be less bloated but some days it is just inevitable.


Mood?
Overall good. 
Our new place is working out really well, I'm really excited how it is all coming together.
Here are a few pics so far..



The crib will be coming soon, and I will eventually decorate our bedroom walls.
Everything is kind of squished together right now...
I'm looking forward to my two days off this week to get stuff moved out and looking how it should!

Penelope is also adjusting well to the new place.
She loves the carpet. I love that the carpet is quiet -- so I am annoyed with her about half as much as I was before. She is still determined to knock over everything and eat off the counter which we are working on with the spray bottle. 

Looking forward to?
Our baby shower is coming up.
It's a big BBQ event for men & women alike, we are super excited!
Little Baby Van Nuys has tons of extended aunts and uncles already who love him, we are overwhelmed actually by all the love already. 

You guys...
Less than 10 weeks until he is here. (hopefully)
There is SO much to do in that time, so much to prepare for, so much to learn.
And then life will forever be changed as we know it -- and we will roll with it and learn as we go. 
We trust that God knew what He was doing when He gave us a baby -- and we will laugh and cry together along the way as we figure it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment