Tuesday, September 10, 2013

28 weeks - hello discomfort, you're here to stay aren't you?


How far along? 28 weeks.

Baby size? Size of large eggplant or head of lettuce. 2.5 pounds!

What's he up to in there? kicking. Gaining weight. Listening to mom and dad talk. Sucking his thumb. Probably giving a thumbs up too. 
Oh yes and hanging out on my round ligaments...
pressing on my back.
making me want to crawl around so I don't have to be in so much pain. 

I entered the 3rd trimester and all the sudden am constantly uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure it's going to stay like this from now on. 

Total Weight Gain......
Not sure at this point - probably close to 25?

Stretch marks? oh yes. big sad face.

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well minus some nights with insomnia. I Started sleeping with my body pillow on most nights so my hips are more comfortable. Most nights I only have to get up once to go to the bathroom!

Best Moment: Moving into our new place this week. 
I have baby stuff galore that I want to put up!! Oh how I can't wait to start that 

Also, our anniversary this past weekend was a really sweet time for us. I'm so thankful for a loving and incredibly supportive husband! 

Miss anything?
My comfort. Everything hurts. From walking, to sitting, to getting up out of a chair..I'm hurting. I'm plagued particularly by round ligament pains that are so strong they knock the wind right out of you. 

Movement? Very active. Good thing he is low...no problems yet with him on my ribs or anything!
  
Cravings:
sweets.
It doesn't happen that often, but when it does it comes on strong.

Queasy/sick? No sickness still! No heartburn either - equally awesome.

Gender? B-O-Y

Labor signs? Nope. Hoping it stays that way for a little while longer!

Belly button? Still inny -- I have a feeling its not going to pop but we shall see.

Wedding rings on/off? On! But getting tighter, need to find a replacement soon! 

Mood?
 Frustrated. I've been struggling with my OB for most of my pregnancy. Every single appointment  she is at least 45 minutes behind. She worries about my bp even though I tell her it's because she checked my weight gain right before and that makes me anxious and nervous. Why? Because she's telling me I've gained too much weight. We do this back and forth every single appointment. 

She's also not very supportive of our decision to pursue natural childbirth. A decision we are not backing down on and are preparing for in advance. We wouldn't make that decision blindly yet she acts like I'm clueless! 
Finally, 
After being encouraged to switch to a midwife instead, I became hopeful that a medical provider might actually care about my decisions regarding my child... Until my insurance decided to be crappy and made it impossible to be covered. 
I think I'm going to have to let it go at this point. I'm running out of time to worry, baby boy will be here by the time I'm done complaining about the money hungry corporations of medical insurance and health groups. 

Looking Forward to: being settled in. The move has begun, but my back has rendered me useless. With a lot of help from family and friends this weekend we will soon be settled. 

Update with pictures of our new place coming soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment