Wednesday, July 24, 2013

21 weeks - A Spaghetti Squash!

The vegetable & fruit comparisons are getting a little out of control. I know. One website says this week he's a carrot, one says a pomegranate, and the other says a spaghetti squash.
On what planet are any of those similar in size or shape? 
I digress.

I'm starting to feel....big.
My doctor telling me to go easy on the weight gain didn't help.
You guys, I've only gained 13 pounds -- in most worlds that's NOT THAT BAD.

In her world I should only gain 7 more pounds before baby arrives -- which will probably be about how much he weighs....which means I need to be extremely careful. 
I digress from that too.

I know I will be thankful after he's here that I didn't gain 50 pounds. Because even though I plan to breastfeed and be smart about eating, the pounds don't fall off for everyone. 


How far along? 21 weeks - 4 days

Baby size? Baby is the size of a spaghetti squash. He is know measured from head to foot instead of head to rump - he is about 11 inches long and weighs almost a pound!

Total Weight Gain: 13 pounds. I swore I'd never publish that but it may help keep me accountable for what I eat for the rest of my pregnancy. 

Maternity clothes? There is nothing else I wear these days. I have retired my long sleeve shirts and clothes I won't fit into after baby (at least right away) to a box in the closet for now.

Stretch marks? so far my skin is still pretty smooth. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it but I'm sure there are a couple more than the last time I checked.

Sleep: Inception style freaky dreams. Dreams within dreams within dreams. I will definitely be glad to not have those anymore. I bought a body-pregnancy pillow last week. Seth calls it the "c-block" (you can figure out what that means). It helps on some nights...other nights I just feel crowded and hot by it. Last night my hip ached the whole night and I desperately miss sleeping on my stomach. Right now I'm  experimenting with the right leg propped up lifting belly up slightly while still on my stomach method. It will work...for a little while.

Best Moment: Feeling the little guy move. Even though it's only slight it sure is exciting! I also started buying stuff for the nursery corner. Little guy will have a mini crib with a small corner of wall space. I'm going to do the absolute best I can with the small space we have to work with.

Our theme is Winnie the Pooh (duh). I've been collecting vintage Winnie the Pooh art and figures for a few years and I'm excited to incorporate them into the room. I started buying prints for a wall of different Winnie the Pooh quotes and story book pages. 
It will end up being a wall collage. I'm also going to buy a large decal (I think) to cover one wall. Something like this...


Miss anything? My sleep! Our cat has been especially obnoxious at night which isn't helping me sleep at all.

Movement? I definitely feel him moving throughout the day!
  
Cravings: Mexican food & pizza.
Which I indulged in both last week.
This week has been good so far...
I find if I keep myself full of good stuff I don't really crave anything.

Queasy/sick? Heart burn. I now carry tums in my purse everywhere I go!

Gender? B-O-Y

Labor signs? Nope. Baby boy is hanging out really low though which is slightly nerve-wracking. My doc doesn't seem to be worried which is good thoug.

Belly button? Definitely on its way out.

Wedding rings on/off? On!

Mood? Weepy.
I cry all the dang time.
Sometimes its for legitimate reasons....sometimes it's for ridiculous reasons.
I sure am glad Seth is a patient man. 

Looking Forward to:  putting together the nursery!

Also, it's my birthday on Friday!
Looking forward to celebrating that :)


1 comment:

  1. Thats not too bad on weight, I thought you were gonna say something much worse

    ReplyDelete