Monday, July 8, 2013

19 weeks - Hello Little Mango!

Hi little man! You are the cutest!

How far along? 19 weeks - 3 days.

Baby size? Baby is the size of a mango - about 6.5 inches 
 
Total Weight Gain: I feel like a whale these days...so I've gained enough.

Maternity clothes?: Yes. I'm a little bitter because they are so expensive. BUT, I did find some CHEAP maternity leggings that are not see through for only $5.99 at Ross. Best purchase ever.

Stretch marks? yes :( Discovered them this past week. The lotion I bought smells like gross cheap chocolate...so I don't think I'll be using that. Not sure what would be better for stretchmarks. Everyone says they can't be avoided anyways and that its all genetics.

Sleep: More weird dreams. General discomfort. Trying to stay on one side but my leg & hip falls asleep. I think its time for a special pregnancy pillow.

Best Moment:Seeing baby boy on Friday! We had a great ultrasound, even though it took him forever to flip over to see his little face. He's gonna be cute, I just know it. 

We also got to bring the rocking chair from my parents house down this weekend. This special chair was bought and finished by Grandma, then my mom used it for my brother and I, my other grandma used it when she lived with us before she passed, and now I get to use it for our little guy!


Miss anything? I miss being comfortable. I'm constantly having trouble laying down, sitting down, getting off the couch..

Movement? a little bit! I'm starting to feel flutters. 
  
Cravings: Burritos. I feel like I could eat one every day. 

Queasy/sick? Unfortuneately I started to get heartburn & indigestion in the past couple weeks. Last night was terrible..and now I have a fever/chill issue going. 
 
Gender? Our little turkey is a boy!!

Labor signs? No. Thank goodness, no.

Belly button? Definitely on its way out.

Wedding rings on/off? On!

Mood? Exhausted, tired, sleepy....I see a trend here. 

Looking Forward to:  Feeling harder kicks!

Names?Oh yes, conversation is over. We've got a good one!




Pregnancy is teaching me a lot about my husband. A lot of good things. He has been patient, caring and oh so kind to me. He makes me laugh all the time, even if it makes me pee a little. He is understanding of all my craziness, and he always snuggles me close at night. I'm so excited to watch him become a Dad. I know he will be amazing.

I'm also learning how awesome our friends are. There has been an outpouring of kindness ever since we found out we were pregnant. I'm just so happy to know that our friends will love the crap out of this kid. I know that sounds weird, but they will. I'm excited to see how this baby transforms our relationships with our friends and family. It will be a big change, but I think an exciting one.

We are off to LA this weekend for fun with some good friends of ours. I seriously can't wait!! This is a super exciting month. Visiting friends, baby showers, and my birthday...and it's already flying by. 

I'll be back with more adventures soon. I'm trying a new chocolate chip recipe this afternoon, if it's good I'll make sure to share :)


No comments:

Post a Comment